Resources and Test Notes
Documentation and Included Items
Unfortunately, since this was a pre-production motherboard the only manual I received is a printed copy of the online manual. The production board should include both a ‘Quick Setup Guide’ and a full manual.
The CD contains the VIA 4-in-1 drivers for both Win98 and Windows, which contains th IDE Busmaster, AGP and IRQ routing drivers as well as the registry updates for the VIA chipset. In addition, the audio driver for the on-board CODEC, as well as Norton Anti-Virus is included.
One nice item is the UDMA/66 (80-pin) cable, which is in addition to the standard IDE (40-pin) cable. Also, one floppy (34-pin) cable is included.
As with any product, there is a chance that you will need to get assistance with installation and/or troubleshooting. Aopen has a wealth of information on their website, which they keep fairly current. You may find the following links useful:
- Taiwan Home Page – http://www.aopen.com.tw
- USA Home Page – http://www.aopenusa.com
- Online Manuals – http://www.aopen.com.tw/tech/download/manual/default.htm
- Test Reports – http://www.aopen.com.tw/tech/report/default.htm
- FAQ – http://www.aopen.com.tw/tech/faq/default.htm
- Downloads – http://www.aopen.com.tw/tech/download/default.htm
Another valuable resource is Usenet. The following three newsgroups may prove to be helpful:
Be the first to discuss this article!