More than you ever wanted to know about L2_RQSTS

By: Travis Downs (travis.downs.delete@this.gmail.com), March 24, 2019 6:27 pm
Room: Moderated Discussions
myocytebd0 (myocytebd0.delete@this.null.com) on March 8, 2019 3:17 am wrote:
> Travis Downs (travis.downs.delete@this.gmail.com) on February 28, 2019 11:27 am wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, the bad doc also infected the listed events and so you suffer from it if you use them
> > through perf/PAPI whatever. Still you can just use the raw event syntax to use the full events.
> >
> How to use raw event in perf and vtune?

I don't know about using it VTune (Intel forums are a good place to ask), but in perf it is pretty easy. There is the old way of "raw PMU event" like perf stat -e rXXX where XXX is some fully formed event code. I think this mostly obsolete as I'm not sure how it encodes events where more than just the IA32_PERFEVTSEL MSR needs to be written.

The newer way is like:

perf stat -e cpu/event=0x24,umask=0x22,name=l2_rqsts_rfo_miss/ ls

I recommending using ocperf which is a wrapper around perf which knows about the newest events as it downloads them from Intel's site directly. It takes the same comments as perf but augments them with all the events.

Do ocperf stat to see list of all events, and then ocperf stat -e some,events,... and you'll get output like the above showing exactly what it passed to the underlying perf command.

< Previous Post in ThreadNext Post in Thread >
TopicPosted ByDate
More than you ever wanted to know about L2_RQSTSTravis Downs2019/02/28 12:27 PM
  More than you ever wanted to know about L2_RQSTSmyocytebd02019/03/08 03:17 AM
    More than you ever wanted to know about L2_RQSTSTravis Downs2019/03/24 06:27 PM
  Intel fixed itTravis Downs2019/05/06 08:45 AM
Reply to this Topic
Name:
Email:
Topic:
Body: No Text
How do you spell green?