Documentation and Resources
Documentation and Included Items
There is a very nice manual included with the board that describes all jumpers and connectors, and has a nice set of pictures and illustrations for those less familiar with installing a motherboard. A CD is also included that contains all drivers.
Both a 40-pin and an 80-pin (ATA/66) IDE cable are included, as well as a 34-pin (floppy) cable. The Universal Retention module for the processor is also included, but you will have to install it yourself.
Tyan has a very nice website with a lot of information. You may find the following links useful:
- Tyan Home Page – http://www.tyan.com
- Product Specific Page – http://www.tyan.com/products/html/trinityk7.html
- FAQs – http://www.tyan.com/support/html/product_faqs.html
- BIOS Updates – http://www.tyan.com/support/html/bios_support.html
Another valuable resource is Usenet. The following newsgroups may prove to be helpful:
- alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan – for Tyan and motherboard specific issues and questions.
- alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt – for general PC issues and questions.
- comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips – for processor, chipset and memory issues and questions.
Be the first to discuss this article!